Katia D. on BirdEye
3 years ago
10/26/2017, 18:32 PM
On Oct 24th, 2017 I attend the Restart Hiring Event in Tysons Corner, VA at the Sheraton Hotel. This hiring event was for job seekers who already have a security clearance. When I arrived at the event, I was amazed at the venue and noticed the that all the employers at this event had a variety of job positions and diverse group of recruiters at each table.
This event was very impressive I finally met the CEO Kenneth Fuller. Even though this was my first time meeting him, he noticed that I was very active on LinkedIn and we had a conversation right away. He wished me luck and I was on my way inside.
This hiring event was different from all the typical job fairs I have attended. Some key things I noticed:
1. All the companies had a diverse group of recruiters representing the company.
2. All the recruiters were eager to be there, and they were pleasant.
3. All the recruiters wanted to help you in some way, even if you didnât have the skills for a position.
4. This event had great food and plenty of water to keep you alert during this event.
5. The CEO of the event was very helpful and nice.
If anyone has a clearance I would highly recommend going to this event. You will not be disappointed. I also feel as though other job fair events could learn something.
While I attended this event I also had one on the job interview as well as a pre-selected interview.
Some tips for a successful hiring event:
1. Look over the companies
2. Have a hard copy of your resumes ( print them on resume paper)
3. Create business cards or networking cards
4. Practice your handshake
5. Be yourself
6. Have fun
7. Network! Network
8. Donât give up no matter how hard it gets
9. In the words of Dory from Finding Nemo âJust keep swimmingâ