Bailey V. on Insider Pages
9 months ago
06/03/2019, 11:33 AM
Unprofessional, Unreliable, Slow-moving
I have moved twice cross country, and once internationally and this was by far the MOST HORRIFIC moving experience I have ever had. The dispatch communication & moving crew was completely unprofessional, rude, late, and unacceptable. E.g.,
1. They notified me at 10pm on Thursday that my stuff would arrive Friday morning at 8am and I had not made the necessary arrangements because this was the first I heard from them after my stuff left Chicago)
2. Once we agreed to move the delivery to Saturday, I made all arrangements including a moving permit for the street, and begin to wait for them during the expected delivery window of 11am - 1pm.
3. The drivers went to the wrong address 2 TIMES!!! Despite having the exact address, they ignored my instructions and refused to put in the zip code with the address which would have avoided them traveling to not one, but 2 wrong locations.
4. The dispatcher raised his voice at me countless times and lied to me several times saying the drivers were just 10 minutes away when it seemed they still hadn't left either of the 2 wrong locations.
5. The drivers themselves hung up on me numerous times when I was trying to work with them directly to give them directions to my drop-off
6. I sent both the dispatcher and the drivers my pin on google maps via text, sent detailed directions to get them from one wrong location to the right one, and then they both turned their phones off and stopped responding to me
7. Once I got in touch with the Operator at the management company, she told me that after I was waiting 3.5 hours for them to arrive that she decided she needed to send the crew to the next job because they were losing their elevator time at the next drop-off location
8. I didn't hear from the actual Dispatcher for another hour and he told me they moved my move to Sunday between 8-10am
9. At 9:30am on Sunday I get a call saying they would be there in 90 mintues (again outside of the 8-10am window they again overpromised and under delivered).
10. After now waiting another 3 hours for them to arrive, they get there and they are vastly understaffed and underprepared. They showed up with only 2 workers and no surpervisor. It took these 2 boys 7 hours to move in a ONE BEDROOM APARTMENT!! Not even unpacking boxes, just putting them on the floor. They were sitting in the cab, talking on Facetime with their friends for most of the move, hanging out outside, leaving my stuff unattended int he streets of Boston for hours instead of moving the items into the entryway where they could be more safely kept, and in general moving at a snail's pace.
11. The movers were also instructed not to use the elevator, which they ignored and then proceeded to break the elevator, causing my property manager to order custom parts for this 1836 elevator
12. Complained when i told them my move included assembly of furniture; Missing pieces so did not finish