thalaxlovee on Yellow Pages
7 years ago
08/08/2014, 14:31 PM
I LOVED going here for hair cuts. So does my family. They seem to know what you want and they do it right. And the price is amazing.
BUT I decided that for the first time ever I would go to a salon for color. I've always done it myself or by a cosmetologist friend because I was too afraid to spend crazy prices and have it come out wrong. Here's how that day went: I came in and the first thing I did was tell them what I wanted done and asked is if they would have time to do it. They said absolutely. I have naturally dark brown hair and about 6 weeks of new root growth, and the rest of my hair was a green-turquoise color. I came in asking if they could bleach it out to blonde. Now keep in mind that it was dark blonde underneath the turquoise because I had it bleached before the color was put in. They sat me down in the chair and got started. My first issue: they used 40 volume bleach on my ENTIRE head, roots to ends. Which is a HUGE no-no. Not to mention, they put it over my roots AND the blue hair all AT ONCE. generally you would NEVER put anything stronger on roots and ends than 30 volume, and when there is a color difference (brown roots and blue hair...) the bleach should be applied with the brush and bowl method to the roots and ends at separate times. To make matters worse, they put me under the DRYER!!! A. 40 volume should have never been out on my roots and B. Dryers are absolutely unnecessary, ESPECIALLY when it comes to roots. All they do is speed the processes. Then on top of that, when I told them it was burning my scalp and was painful, they told me "oh yeah, it's supposed to be hot" and left me there for 15 minutes after I said it was painful! On top of thT I found out that they did NOT have time to do it, and they closed an hour after I walked in. Bleaching an entire head (the right way) usually takes at least two hours. They were also rushing like mad because apparently it was one of their birthdays and they had plans.... They didn't even use a brush to put the bleach in my hair. Both ladies stood over me and scooped up GLOBS of bleach with their HANDS with NO GLOVES and just slapped it on my head with no rhyme or reason!!
When it was all done they washed out my hair and we say in the chair. So much had gone wrong already and I was too scared to say anything. Then, they didn't even use a toner on my hair. Because of the lighting in the salon I didn't realize until after I left, but my hair was YELLOW. They were in such a rush that they didn't take out ANY of the brassiness. It looked like pee. Then she gave me 7 little foils of brown to break up the blonde. Which was fine and dandy but I got charged $5 per foil.... I can tell you for a fact that foil and color do NOT cost that much. I left paying over $120!!!!! Not to mention the worst part... The next day I had CHEMICAL BURNS ALL OVER MY SCALP because they put me under the dryer with 40 volume bleach on my roots!!!! When I called the next day to talk about it, they didn't even offer to fix it!!!!!!! They told me that I said it was okay and there is nothing they can do, but they could look at it if I wanted. I never came in and I never called back. So unhappy with their color service. For ladies with so many years of experience they acted like they were still in cosmo school....
Gave 1 star because they do amazing cuts. I would give 0 for color if it were an option.
My mom has come to them for color and she left with burns on her scalp also. Not to mention every time I had come in one of them would be discussing personal matters and acting completely unprofessional cursing and yelling at people on the phone... I've been too scared to post this, but everyone needs to know. DO NOT LET THEM PUT BLEACH ON YOUR HEAD FOR ANY REASON.