Zhouli Y on BBB
7 months ago
05/08/2020, 11:19 AM
Updated Review in May 2020:
I though the SBB company learned from my previous bad review but it turned out another nightmare. I mentioned they charge $15 dollars to track my monthly check payment or $2 for online e-check. The COO responded in 2017 suggesting several ways to pay dues with lower admin fees. I chose to set up the monthly automatic bank draft without admin fee per COO suggested.
Now, in March 2020, I noticed 2 missing HOA payment records appeared in my credit report, and my credit score dropped from around 800 down to 730. I contacted SBB company immediately and suggested that I paid my monthly HOA due in time and full amount based on the payment plan each year. It took them 2-3 weeks to reply what happened (the COVID19 delayed the everything so I understand the late response), the COO indicated because I am not paying the admin fee so they are not willing to continue current payment method. They also told me that no payment plan was set up for year 2019 and 2020. I told them that there were approved payment plan for both years and the payment method was also offered by the company, further I asked them to remove the incorrect credit report ASAP and also offered to solve this issue by paying off the remaining balance immediately. The COO did not respond even one single word after that and apparently they did not fixed my credit score. It is lucky for them that I did not finance any house/car in this time period, otherwise I will sue and chase them to the end of the world to cover the loss due to their mistake. It is been 3 years since last review, and nothing improved in their work process and communication.
"Lucky me", I filed dispute to the credit bureau and they removed incorrect record and my score returned back to normal. I asked them for the Homeowner Board contacts, no response.
My suggestion: keep the email chain, other communications and documents handy dealing with this company.
I really wish I could give negative 5 star to this company!!! The experience with this company was horrible and the words are useless to express how I hate this HOA company. This was what happened
1. I closed my new house in June and the HOA company did not send me any necessary keys(including the key to public area such as swimming pool, gym and communicate gate) until 9 months later(March 2016)! The explanation from SSB company was that the public record of the title transfer was not released in time. Oh come on, what an fantastic excuse! Before I closed my house, I made $500 acquisition fee and prepaid $800 assessment to the company for half year and then you told me you were not aware of new residents coming in? The only explanation I can accept is that the company does not care their clients.
2. Due to the same reason, 9 months later HOA finally reached out to me saying I owe assessment to HOA and it is already past due, so the late fee and interest was added to my invoice. Ok, it makes sense that I still need to pay what I owe so I had an agreement with SSB to make the payment monthly until December 2016 to pay off the entire balance. After that the charged late fee and interest will be removed. Guess what happened? It is May 2017 now, and I still see this damn late fee and interest that should be removed 5 months ago in my invoice!
3. So earlier this year, I started to email SSB regarding the late fee and interest, the accountant did not email me back at all. I sent more emails, and nothing coming back. Not mentioning that I emailed the accountant in SSB who is in charge of the monthly payment in November 2016 to set up the payment plan for 2017, the confirmation email was not received until February 2017. I guess it must be their computer issues that delayed this email for 3 months, lol! They explained to me that the accountant was dealing with hundreds of accounts so it takes time to reply. I understand that, no one can handle bulk tasks simultaneously and it take time, but 3 months for an email reply? If the company is under-staff then go get more employees!
4. The communication is so horrible with SSB company, I also emailed accountant about the residual balance of my account, and different people just gave me different answers and I was so confused. As a result, I have to pick up my calculator and do my own calculation.
5. Last but not least, they charge 15 dollars per month for monthly HOA payment. Ok, great! What a compensation! 15 dollars just for receiving a check and deposit it into bank account! Not mentioning that they can not even record my balance correctly! What is more, if you choose to make the payment online, it is 2 dollars with e-check and 12 dollars with credit card!
6. The community gate is always down, they DID NOT fix it in two years.
Overall, I really do not like their business practice and how they treat clients. If I sit in the HOA board, I will definitely fire them and get a new HOA company!