Amy Barlow on YellowBot
14 years ago
08/20/2008, 02:59 AM
Traveled whole of California,this was the worst motel ever!
Just come back from traveling California, and this had to be the worst motel we stayed in on our whole journey. We ended up staying there because everywhere else was over budget (this was also over budget but we could just about afford it) Got charged $100 a night and we were staying for 11 nights in order to fly from San Francisco airport.
We wasn't expecting much from the room as could tell it was abit of a mess from the outside. On first inspection the room looked shabby but livable. There were 2 tv's, one that didnt work, the main light didn't work so we had to have the lamp and bathroom light on all the time, the curtains wouldn't open, the air-con/heater was hanging off the wall, so didn't fancy using it, there were strange stains on the wallpaper, carpet and bed linen, and the room also didn't look like it had been cleaned after the previous guest had left, as there were hairs in the bed, and all in the sink and shower. We decided it wasn't worth complaining as the owner had been alittle off hand with us because he wanted us to pay cash and because we were staying so long, the cash machines would only let us draw half of the money out, he wasn't happy about waiting 24 hours for the rest of his money!
So anyway, we decided to make the best of being in San Francisco. Each night we noticed earwig sized bugs crawling on the bed and on the pillows and also smaller less noticable bugs on the pillows. When we complained to the owner he said that they weren't bed bugs and you get them all over California. I then informed him that we had traveled the whole of the state and never experienced anything like it. We resorted to sleeping fully clothed in our sleeping bags with no pillows, but have still come back home covered in bites.
I am not a fussy traveler, I have stayed in hostels and other budget motels, and do not expect much, but this room was the worst of all of them. I could have lived with the shabbyness of the room, but the bugs were just one step too far.
PLEASE....DO NOT STAY IN THIS MOTEL, ESPECIALLY ROOM NUMBER 15!!!!