Raymond C. on BirdEye
a year ago
10/08/2020, 09:09 AM
I'm in the process of looking for a new doctor for the following reasons:
1. Dr. Guram came into the examination room a second time without a mask. I said "Mask, please." His response was "I have antibodies. But I'll put one on for you." My response was "I don't have antibodies and I'm 73 years old and have COPD."
2. I frequently have to call SCIM two-to-three times to have prescriptions sent to my pharmacy.
3. Twice I've paid regular prices for drugs when generic drugs are available. Both times I paid $100. for the brand-name drug when the generic is one-tenth that price.
4. Anytime I'm referred to a specialist, I have to call and request that copies of my report be sent to SCIM. And I have to remind Dr. Guram that we need to discuss _____.
5. Appointment reminders from SCIM come via phone call from Augusta, GA. I don't answer calls when they're from out of state. That means I then have to call back to accept my appointment.
6. Three years ago when I had both shingles and flu at the same time I was given a prescription for pain. I had the prescription filled. I always look at dosage information. If I had followed the directions on the bottle (written, of course, by a pharmacist who when apprised of the error said that that was exactly the way the prescription was written), I would have been in deep trouble.
Dr. Guram seems to be a good businessman; that, I think, is where his skill-set lies. I think he might consider that full-time. He doesn't seem particularly interested in medicine.