Wayne P. on BirdEye
2 years ago
07/13/2020, 05:20 AM
Woe, woe unto ye if you rent a property from these people!
A perennial issue which you will discover if you ever have any maintenance concerns, they are in no hurry to address them. They aren’t big on keeping promises, either. Make sure that everything is to your satisfaction before you moved in – if not, you may be in for a long wait for them to take care of anything they said they would do.
Here’s a rundown of our maintenance issues and their timeline for fixing (or not):
* Lights not working in two closets – 2 weeks. (This is the only thing they took care of in a reasonable amount of time.)
* Leak under bathroom sink – 6 weeks.
* Leaking kitchen faucet – after waiting 6 weeks we got it fixed ourselves. Kessling got really mad about that – they don’t like it when you do their job better than they do.
* Unsecure sliding closet doors (after 3-4 trips to measure and re-measure, order and re-order new doors) – 9 months.
* Complete painting back patio deck (it was half-finished when we moved in, and they promised to finish it) – 5 months.
* All sorts of unsightly construction debris, piles of dead branches, etc. on the driveway and in the yard (they promised to remove it all before we moved in) – it was all still there when we moved out a year later.
I’m thankful we didn’t have any serious issues, like bad electrical breakers or the A/C going out.
All the rudeness, insults and insolence we had to put up with from them – that’s a book for another day.