Erin M on BBB
2 months ago
07/29/2020, 02:05 AM
Icompletely regret choosingCRI for my home project of 3 doors and 1 small kitchen window. I was told the project would take 2 days and it was scheduled to be complete on Dec 16, 2019. Instead, I had people in my home doing work, or rework, a total of 13 days and the project was completed June 17, 2020 - 6 full months behind schedule. None of the delays were due to issues with my home - every single delay was due to mistakes made by CRI and in one case a product defect. I have a 3 page timeline of all the mistakes and issue, but here are some of the highlights:
* Unstained trim and casing were installed around the window- which after 2 months of no resolution from CRI, I ended up staining and finishing myself. Not easy when it's already nailed in place.
* Two times my walls were dinged in two places - and even when I pointed it out, they did not offer to fix the dings so I had to repair my walls.
* The wrong door was installed at my garage-to-home entry point, thus the project did not pass the first city inspection
* The crew scratched the front door they had installed, thus requiring the delay of replacing the door.
* The casing around the deck door was not installed tightly - I had to borrow an air-nailer and fix it.
* The screen door that was installed had a hole in the screen.
* Garbage, nails and debris were left on my deck, in my garage and on my driveway - including a loose razor blade on my garage floor and two nails in my driveway that the city inspector found (thankfully before I drove over them). There was even trash in my front yard on one occasion.
* This project required constant project management by me and calls to CRI to remind them of what still needed fixing. The were often not good about calling back or following through on promises.
* Grand finale - they charged me for the project 6 full weeks before it was completed and without a passed city inspection.
The ONLY positive thing I have to say is that the Provia brand of doors they use look nice and a couple of the crew members did seem to care about the disaster my project had become and did seem to prioritize, as they were able, to make it right. Without a doubt this was the worst experience I've ever had with home improvement. I have since done a project with Window Concepts of MN (bathroom work) and it went perfectly. I do not like to complain, but CRI has put me in a position of having to complain about their level of service.