kittyfish36 on Yellow Pages
12 years ago
11/18/2008, 14:19 PM
Prior to my back surgerey, I went to several other physical therapy clinics. None of them helped me. In the end, I had to resort to surgery. Had I known about Mind Body PT, I would have waited on my surgery and worked with them first.
Here is a short list of differences I noticed:
1. The therapists give you personal attention the whole 45 minutes you are there. Patiently and kindly they work you through every exercise offering support and additional instructions to make sure you are doing the exercise correctly.
2. They change the routine each time one is there to keep you engaged and interested.
3. Their equipment is totally different from any other physical therapy place in town. They use 'European Style' equipment which is more interesting and challenging to use. It is also nicer to look at.
4. This place is immaculate.
5. The therapists are actually interested in your care, they are not talking to their buddies while working on you.
6. The front desk people make it their business to know each person and greet them as they walk in.
In other PT places, the therapists spent no more than 15 minutes with me personally. They would give me an exercise and leave me alone to do it. In fact at one place I went to, they put me in a machine that increased my pain considerably. Even though I complainned they kept doing that. Obviously, I stopped going there.
Even though I have not been well enough for their pilates classes and instruction, I will certainly go there before any other place. Honestly, I never knew there was such a difference in physical therapy practices - but believe me there is.