A Yahoo Local User on Yahoo! Local
15 years ago
01/02/2008, 00:13 AM
We are having a very thankful New Year due to the outstanding efforts of the fire department responding to a fast moving grass fire being fanned by winds last night. The fire was undoubtedly started by fireworks and people not using their heads. Shortly after toasting in the New Year and going out to pop some SAFE partypoppers we noticed thick smoke coming from the front of the house. Across the street following the path down the drainage ditch straight to my Moms house was a wall of fire. Frustrated with the 911 line being busy it was a heartfelt relief to see the firetruck arrive almost the same instant because the only thing stopping the fire at that time was a few garden hoses. A shout of thank you and a case of soda does not come close to the prayers of thanks, safety, and blessing to all of you brave, selfless souls who saved our neighborhood last night. God bless and watch over you in this New Year and those to follow.