Sarah Sebe on Facebook
6 months ago
08/18/2020, 01:37 AM
We were supposed to stay at the Grey Squirrel for 3 nights in August and ended up only staying 2 nights since the cabin was so terrible and the place was gross. We were given the "Enchanted Forest," 4 bedroom, 2 bath cabin which looked more Haunted than Enchanted. They were clearly in the middle of remodeling the cabin (and doing a terrible job of it) and all of the old stuff was outside our back windows, which made it look like a junkyard. Instead of rustic mountain ambiance we had a disgusting and massive pile of junk to look at from all the back windows. In addition there were multiple issues with the cabin, which I emailed to the owner/management after the first night and they refused to refund us for the third night or provide any form of compensation. Here were some issues with the "Enchanted Forest" cabin... - mold/mildew in the upstairs bathtub
- bathtub was completely clogged and filled with water soon after turning on the shower and we were not even able to use it.
- bathtub was dirty and cabin was not cleaned well
- dishwasher drains hot water in the sink and sink started to overflow with very hot water
- there was a junk yard in the back of the cabin
- The shag carpet looked and smelled like it was from the 1970s
- The upstairs smelled of mold
- The upstairs bedroom door did not close as one of the queen beds was completely blocking the door from closing. Unfortunately after telling the management about all of this, they only had the following to say... "Regarding the bathtub, the information I have been given is that is a stain, and not mildew. That stain (unfortunately) has been in that tub since I started here under the previous owners almost two years ago, which would typically indicate it is not a growing mildew or fungus. It just has not had a new coat of paint / enamel, which was finally in the works prior to our need to move your party to this cabin this weekend." "Regarding the "junkyard", the back area of the cabin is not indicated for guest use specifically, but I can understand that frustration and am passing that along to the Owner for consideration. Overall, I would not recommend this place at all, it is a complete dump and I am not sure how it is even rated 4 stars. Good luck to the new owner who doesn't seem to care at all about customer service or even her cabins for that matter.