K D. on Citysearch
8 years ago
11/19/2013, 12:51 PM
We had a nightmare experience with this company and would NOT RECOMMEND this company to anyone for any reason.
We had an occasional short cycle problem with our furnace which simply needed a switch replaced. Garrett W., their technician, diagnosed a BIG crack in the heat exchanger and flame roll-out. When he tried to show me the flame roll-out, there was none. Said the furnace could blow up and that he needed to shut it down immediately. Although there was never any sign or smell of gas and no indication of any CO2 problem based on our carbon monoxide detector, he never checked for any gas leaks or any standard tests that an HVAC tech would routinely do.
That evening he came back to show my husband the flame roll-out. After firing up the furnace 3 different times, there was no flame roll-out. He proceeded to try and sell us a new furnace and air conditioner, ranging from $3500 - $8300.
The next morning Jody Arcese, the receptionist, placed an emergency call into Xcel Energy and stated that our house was full of gas and flames were shooting out of the furnace. Xcel Energy shut off our gas and locked the meter until it passed inspection by a licensed HVAC technician.
A licensed HVAC technician did a thorough inspection. Upon completion of his inspection both visually and with his camera, inside and outside of the heat exchangers, there was no evidence of any cracks, holes, split seams, or other abnormalities that would make our furnace dangerous, and no flames rolling out of the furnace was detected. He inspected for any and all dangerous gases in and around the furnace, all of the fittings, vents and gas lines. He also inspected the heat vents in the upstairs rooms at the vents to insure there were no dangerous gases present. No problems were discovered. The furnace passed inspection and is operating just fine.
I would never recommend this company to anyone.